Thematic Agreement

For this assignment, I had to practice using thematic agreement by designing two book covers for a fake book entitled "Flirting with the Bully." Since the title evokes a feeling of risk, I chose to go with an edgy theme. The school-bus yellow I used signifies vigilance, a feeling you should have if you are flirting with the bully. The filter on the photo of the young woman, the bold typography, and straight lines of the shapes also contribute to the edgy theme of the designs.

Book Cover 1

Book Cover 2

Comments

  1. Jennifer, I love the use of color to add to the theme. It definitely makes me think of a school bus and the image even makes me think of being out on the playground. I do get the edgy vibe from this while still adding a layer of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    You really picked up on the theme of the "wrong guy" with the image you selected of the girl. Yellow and black, as I interpret it, are a sign of danger to the brain. (Think bees.) The darkness of the picture of the girl with the yellow evokes a sense foreboding.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment